Description: Docker team announsed the latest release of the container engine yesterday.
- Compose-file support to the `
docker stack deploy` command so that services can be deployed using a `
docker-compose.yml` file directly.
- Improved CLI backwards compatibility
- Added a couple of nifty commands to help users understand how much disk space Docker is using
- CLI restructured - regrouped every command to sit under the logical object it’s interacting with. For example list and startof containers are now subcommands of docker container and history is a subcommand of docker image.
- Monitoring improvements - improved debugging services, added new commands.
- Build improvements - added new experimental
--squashflag. When squashing, Docker will take all the filesystem layers produced by a build and collapse them into a single new layer
- Docker for AWS and Azure are out of public beta and ready for production
Affected versions: Docker v.1.x
Recommended action: Install the latest version.