Decription: New version of Nginx web server has been announced today.
Changes: The following changes were applied to this release:
- Feature: the "transparent" parameter of the "proxy_bind", "fastcgi_bind", "memcached_bind", "scgi_bind", and "uwsgi_bind" directives.
- Feature: the $request_id variable.
- Feature: the "map" directive supports combinations of multiple variables as resulting values.
- Feature: now nginx checks if EPOLLRDHUP events are supported by kernel, and optimizes connection handling accordingly if the "epoll" method is used.
- Feature: the "ssl_certificate" and "ssl_certificate_key" directives can be specified multiple times to load certificates of different types (for example, RSA and ECDSA).
- Feature: the "ssl_ecdh_curve" directive now allows specifying a list of curves when using OpenSSL 1.0.2 or newer; by default a list built into OpenSSL is used.
- Change: to use DHE ciphers it is now required to specify parameters using the "ssl_dhparam" directive.
- Feature: the $proxy_protocol_port variable.
- Feature: the $realip_remote_port variable in the ngx_http_realip_module.
- Feature: the ngx_http_realip_module is now able to set the client port in addition to the address.
- Change: the "421 Misdirected Request" response now used when rejecting requests to a virtual server different from one negotiated during an SSL handshake; this improves interoperability with some HTTP/2 clients when using client certificates.
- Change: HTTP/2 clients can now start sending request body immediately; the "http2_body_preread_size" directive controls size of the buffer used before nginx will start reading client request body.
- Bugfix: cached error responses were not updated when using the "proxy_cache_bypass" directive.
Recommended action: Upgrade to the latest version.