Decription: The new version of the high performance NginX web server has been recently announced.
- Change: now nginx always uses internal MD5 and SHA1 implementations the --with-md5 and --with-sha1 configure options were canceled.
- Feature: variables support in the stream module.
- Feature: the ngx_stream_map_module.
- Feature: the ngx_stream_return_module.
- Feature: a port can be specified in the "proxy_bind", "fastcgi_bind", "memcached_bind", "scgi_bind", and "uwsgi_bind" directives.
- Feature: now nginx uses the IP_BIND_ADDRESS_NO_PORT socket option when available.
- Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process when using HTTP/2 and the "proxy_request_buffering" directive.
- Bugfix: the "Content-Length" request header line was always added to requests passed to backends, including requests without body, when using HTTP/2.
- Bugfix: "http request count is zero" alerts might appear in logs when using HTTP/2.
- Bugfix: unnecessary buffering might occur when using the "sub_filter" directive; the issue had appeared in 1.9.4.
Recommended action: Upgrade to the latest version